Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Family Tree

I get asked about the Palumbo's of Philadelphia on occasion.  They had a nightclub and restaurant there for a long time, as you can see from the marker above.  By the way, the picture was taken by old friend Phil Yacuboski of WBAL in Baltimore.

A lot of singers and comedians got there start at Palumbo's, including David Brenner, who was really big in the 70's.

No.  We're not related.

There's a Palumbo in the western part of the state who made his money in mining.  He gave a lot of money to colleges and universities in the Pittsburgh and Erie areas.  The name is up on a lot of buildings.  I'm not related to him, either.

I understand one of my cousins did a family tree research thing a while back and ran in to a few dead ends.  For some strange reason, I never had much of a desire to explore the distant past.