Monday, August 12, 2013

Scrapple Monday

Only in Scranton will people complain about too many walking around downtown.

JCPenney stock took a big drop on Friday.  It's amazing how one of America's best know retailers got off the track so fast.

The amount of attention the NFL preseason receives is staggering.  Football really is America's game.

Retired NBC News correspondent John Palmer died last week-- a dignified, no nonsense kind of guy.  Those "hey, look at me" reporters that proliferate television these days should study Palmer's work to learn how to do things the right way.

I'm sick of sharks.

The Graham family is selling the Washington Post.  It truly is the end of an era.

The Washington Post sold for $ 250 million.  Tumblr sold for $ 1.1 billion.

Solely based on the involvement of James Spader, a new fall series on NBC, called "Blacklist" intrigues me.

New Jersey is talking about legalized sports betting.  It's only a matter of time.

Coal miners stamp:  long overdue.

I don't golf.  It amazes me how a golfer can be so great one weekend and so lousy the next.

It hasn't happened to me in a long time.  I got butt dialed the other afternoon.  When you work overnights, my afternoon is your middle of the night.  Luckily, my phone was turned off at the time.  I got a butt voice mail.  I thought I was on the butt do not call list.

It is a sad time in which we live.  Sports scandals get more attention than the scores.