Thursday, September 26, 2013

Welcome Back

I've been trying to behave myself in recent months, so ice cream has become an exceptionally rare treat.

Still, I was thrilled with the news that Yuengling Ice Cream is coming back after a 30 year absence.  I remember it as a kid.  I don't recall that it was sold in the Scranton area, where I grew up, but there was a Yuengling Ice Cream store in the Wyoming Valley Mall.  How's this for a trip down memory lane?  I can still remember the location.  If you walked out of Pomeroy's and headed down the wing toward Zollinger's, the Yuengling shop was on the left side, about a quarter of a way down the wing.

A newspaper story says production is still months away, and it didn't mention plans for ice cream parlors.

Nonetheless, it's nice to know there will be a locally made treat in mini mark and supermarket freezers in a big part of the state.  I may slip off the healthy eating wagon to sample a quart (or two).  Mint chocolate chip is already on the list of flavors.  Yay!