Monday, October 7, 2013

Credit

Penndot is the organization you love to hate, and it's given us enough reason.

It appears there are more people pushing pencils than lifting shovels.  Potholes hang around way too long.  The interstates are a mess.  Even the newly paved Interstate 81 in the Scranton area has a lot of bumps.  For example, the southbound lanes, right under the River Street bridge.  I know Penndot in and of itself didn't do the work, but doesn't anyone inspect these things?  Several snowstorms have been poorly handled.  Other than the need for a longer Navy Way, longer acceleration and deceleration ramps, the new Avoca interchange seems to be a solution in search of a problem.  The new Yankee Stadium was built in less time that its taken to re-deck the Dickson City Interstate 81 bridges.  I regularly travel an interchange so poorly designed, even a few inches of snow renders it impassible to trucks. Does somebody want to fix the lights along the Central Scranton Expressway? They've been out for weeks.

Having said all that, credit where credit is due.  I renewed my driver's license, on-line, Tuesday.  On Thursday, the camera card was in my mail box.  That's efficiency.  I hope Penndot is equally as speedy and efficient when I show up to get my picture taken.