Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Follow Up Tuesday

I've finally found something bad to say about "The Blacklist."  It's bloody and violent.  Excessively so.  It makes me cringe, and a lot of the gore isn't essential to the story.

On the other hand, "The Blacklist" is clever, and there's not a lot of that on television.  I'll stick with it because clever can trump violence.  I'll just have to close my eyes for a scene or two.

That's the glory of television.  If there's something you don't like, don't watch it, and if the numbers aren't there, the show goes away.

That brings me to a second topic of interest.  A few weeks ago, I said the CBS sitcom "We Are Men" is awful.  Apparently, the American public agreed.  It's been canceled after two episodes.  The show was about a bunch of divorced and single guys in an apartment complex, and a waste of the talents of Tony Shalhoub.  You have to wonder what goes on in network conference rooms, and how junk like this gets on the air.

I don't watch much cable news these days.  It stopped being news a long time ago.  It's now cable opinion.  Check the web site mediaite.com.  It chronicles how CNN, FOX News, and MSNBC spend a big part of their days sniping at each other.  Translation:  they have nothing else to talk about.