Friday, October 11, 2013

Holiday Weekend Andy's Angles Extra

It's Columbus Day weekend, a holiday I think doesn't get its due.  After all, it's all about the guy who had the stones to venture out and discover the new world.  Yes, ol' Chris wasn't perfect.

On the other hand, if we can shop on Thanksgiving and Christmas, I can see how Columbus Day gets the short end.  It's become a bank and post office holiday.  It's business as usual for the rest of us.

It doesn't have to be.  I'm taking a break from the weighty issues of the day to throw a couple extra pictures at you.  I was sidelined by a nasty cold during the really nice weather last week.  I tried to make up for it Wednesday morning by wandering through Merli Sarnoski Park, near Carbondale in Lackawanna County.  It was a great day for leaf peeping, and I just about had the entire park to myself.

Above is one of those cliched path and fall foliage shots.  The sun is streaming through the trees, giving a light hazy effect.

Below, another path, in another part of the park.  The leaves weren't at peak, but they were close.

Enjoy the holiday weekend.  This is a great time of year.