Thursday, October 10, 2013

Zoom Zoom

Earlier this week, I promised to let you know how my trip to the driver's license photo center went.

Four minutes, in and out!  I kid you not.

I talked with friends and co-workers, asking the best time to go, the best time to avoid.  There was a common thread.  All said it was a nightmare, no matter what time you visited.

I pulled in to the Dunmore parking lot at 12:13 Tuesday afternoon.  There was one other vehicle in the lot.  I walked in.  The gentleman at the desk told me to sit right down.  I didn't even have to "take a number" from the deli style machine.  I signed my name, was asked the motor voter and organ donor questions, smiled for the camera and I was out the door.

I was shocked at the headache-less and short visit.  The worker explained, while I was waiting for the machine to spit out my new license, that I got lucky.  It's crowded and slow most of the time.  I hit the door just before the lunch time crush.  In fact, there were three other vehicles entering the lot as I was exiting.  The license center was fully staffed on Tuesdays.  Some people based here are usually dispatched to license centers in rural areas on other days.

There you have it.  I hope for a similar lucky burst at renewal time in a few years.