Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Mr. Curiosity


I saw it on Newswatch 16 Sunday Morning.  Color me curious.  I had to see it for myself.  The University of Scranton was holding a wheelchair basketball tournament to raise money for people with disabilities.  I stopped by Sunday after work, paid my admission fee, and even bought a tee shirt.

A lot of young people from the U and other area colleges were here, and it was interesting to watch young adults, in fine physical condition, struggle with their time in a wheelchair.  It was an eye opener.


I have to admit, there was a selfish reason for being here.  I rarely shoot sports, and I wanted to see what I could do.  Amateur wheelchair basketball doesn't move particularly fast, and I was able to get off some good shots.

It gives you a new respect for wheelchair athletes, and people who photograph sports for a living.