Monday, December 9, 2013

The Tree

It is the one day filled with holiday tradition for me, and it takes place weeks before Christmas.

Marywood University lit the Christmas tree inside its rotunda Wednesday afternoon.  As always, I give Marywood tons of credit for waiting until AFTER Thanksgiving to get the season going.

They started doing a tree inside the rotunda when I was a senior, many, many, many years ago, and I didn't go that first year.  However, I've been returning for the past several years for a quick shot of the Christmas spirit.  In spite of the heat and the crowd, it's a nice afternoon-- a little music, a little song, and a big tree in the middle of the room.  It's also a chance to reconnect with old friends and wander about the campus that was my second home for four years.