Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thank You

Super Bowl XVIII is still nine days away.  The National Football League, FOX Sports, reporter Erin Andrews, and dozens of radio shows already owe a debt of gratitude to Richard Sherman of the Seattle Seahawks.

Sherman is the Seattle cornerback who shot his mouth off, and delivered a classless rant after the Seahawks beat San Francisco in the NFC championship game Sunday night.

Sherman has been the topic of the week, saving everyone from endless discussions of Peyton Manning's injuries, Omaha, and New Jersey's weather.  It gave America a story, and we love stories.  Sherman's rant has been debated for several days now, and it shows no signs of letting up.  In fact, I'm sure Sherman will be one of the huge stories in the week leading up to the big game.

Okay, so where do I come down on this?  Sherman was out of line, but he was caught up in the moment.  I can understand what he did.  Having said that, Sherman shouldn't have done it.  Lose with class and dignity.  Win with even more.

Even though I was 0 for 2 in championship game predictions last week, I'll deliver my Super Bowl guess next week.