Friday, January 31, 2014

XVIII



It was rather easy to pick the team I believe will win Sunday night's Super Bowl XVIII in New Jersey.

The point spread is just about even.

Denver has the best offense in the league.  Seattle has the best defense.  I'll always side with the defense.  Seattle wins, and it will be close.

This is the fifth time the best offense has met the best defense.  The defense has taken three out of four.

I'm a bit concerned about Seattle's rather young quarterback, but Ben Roethlisberger proved a young quarterback can have a bad Super Bowl and still wind up with a ring.

Keep in mind, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I haven't seen a Super Bowl since 1999, and I'll be asleep for this one.  I'll learn the winner when I wake up to come to work.

I'll be lucky if I can catch some of the Kitten Bowl on Hallmark and the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet.

As always, spare me the "commercial" discussion.  An ad is an ad.

By the way, all the gimmicks have done nothing to help the Pro Bowl.  Get rid of it.

I hope this is the last time the NFL chooses an outdoor cold weather site for the Super Bowl.