Friday, May 16, 2014

Bike Season

I do the vast majority of my bicycle riding during the very early morning hours.  While I love my two wheel time, I'm not a fan of freezing while pedaling, so I wait until the ride time temperature is at least in the mid 50's.  It makes for a shorter riding season, and I'll take what I can get.

Yesterday was magic time.  It was a balmy 64 when I climbed aboard for the first time this season.  I intended to start slowly, but I found the first trip ridiculously easy.  Some hills that I usually avoid early in the biking season were climbed with ease, and my first trip was a lot longer than I anticipated.

Remember that I've been hitting the gym a few times a week for more than a year and a half.  Still, the bike was a concern-- different muscles used in different ways, and I thought I'd be a bit pokey on the first trip.

Yay, me.

It worked out much better than expected.