Tuesday, June 17, 2014

16 @ 16

There are many days here I'm as terrified as I was on my first.

Today is my 16th anniversary at WNEP.  Even after all these years, I try not to take the gig for granted.  I'm lucky to be here.  It's a cliche, but I really do learn something new every day.

I am happy I did not destroy what my predecessors built.

I am happy every day is an adventure.

I am happy I've been able to distribute some journalistic knowledge to the younger people here, and they've taught me about new technology.

I am happy that I have not become jaded.  There is still joy over happy stories, still sorrow when I witness tragedy, still satisfaction when a plan and a story come together.

Thanks to my co-workers, for putting up with me so long, and special thanks to the people who tune in every day.