Friday, June 27, 2014

Friday Scrapple

I'm so tired of the over-use of the word "iconic."  Come on, news writers.  You have to be more creative and thoughtful than that.

I've been looking at the new shows slated for fall debuts.  Nothing jumps out at me.

I still have no desire to eat sushi.

Is the World Cup over yet?  It was on at the barber shop where I got my hair cut Tuesday afternoon.  I just don't get it.  Congratulations if you do.

Have they found the Malaysian jet yet?

A few states had primaries Tuesday, and there was plenty of coverage on cable TV.  Eric Cantor's loss in Virginia has forced the networks to start looking at politics a little early.

Speaking of cable news, I find it hilarious that they take Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert so seriously.  Hello!  Comedy.  Satire.  Get it?

Michael Jackson died five years ago this week.  I respect his popularity, but his music was not my thing.  Maybe it's the reason that the first thing I think of when I hear his name is how he spiraled out of control, with so many enablers, rather than his body of work.

Doesn't it seem like Melissa McCarthy has fallen into that Hollywood trap of playing the same character in every movie in which she appears?

Maybe it's because it's summer, but America's fascination with salted caramel, thankfully, seems to have slowed.