Thursday, July 24, 2014

Lowering the Bar

What happened to pizza around here?

I've been noticing an increasing number of pizzerias getting away from traditional and tasty mozzarella cheese and using a blend of off tasting junk.

I know most Old Forge style pizzas never had mozzarella and never will.  For the most part, the pizzas in question here are what I favor-- round, New York style, thin and crispy crust.

I don't think it's a matter of taste preference on the part of pizzerias.  It's cost.  Dairy products are expensive, and the best stuff costs even more.  Save a buck by throwing some awful mixture of the cheap stuff on the pie.

Note to pizzerias:  loyal customers will pay a little more for quality.

A pizza isn't the same without mozzarella, and I hope pizzerias that are cheaping out have the guts to tell you, on the menu, what type of cheese they use.