Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wednesday Scrapple

A credit union is owned by its members.  I wonder how the people involved in a local credit union feel about paying $500,000 for the naming rights to a high school football stadium.  Yes, it's nice to do things for the community, but this one carries a hefty price tag.

Never saw "Breaking Bad," so I don't know if it deserves all the Emmys.  I did see the Robin Williams tribute at Monday night's broadcast, and I thought it was well done.

The Craig's List Killers have pleaded guilty in Northumberland County.  Now, they will go to jail and we'll never have to look at them, ever again.

A national pizza chain is coming out with a pretzel crust pizza.  Intrigued, but I don't think the chain has any stores around here.

Burger King and Tim Horton's are merging.  I've never been in a Tim Horton's.  I read where it's like a Canadian based Dunkin' Donuts.  The combination sounds interesting.  Maybe it can get BK off the under-performing list.

Labor Day is coming, and that usually signals the start of the fall campaign season.  Candidates take it up a notch.  In the Pennsylvania governor's race, it never really slowed down after the primary.

I've been looking at new cell phones again, and I'm far, far from pulling the trigger.  Why do cell phone companies make the process so complicated?

There's been sports talk radio chatter that this year's Little League World Series will help youngsters think baseball is cool again.  I'm not sure, but I hope so.

I regret not picking up a tennis racket when I had the chance to, in college, many years ago.  It seems to be one of those sports that's a thousand times more fun to play than it is to watch.

CNN is getting rid of hundreds of employees.  One of the bosses said the will do "less with less."  It's so sad.  CNN used to be THE place to turn to get the news and a serious newscast.