Thursday, August 28, 2014

Year Two

Today marks my second anniversary of being a bicycle owner (and rider).

As I said last year, on the last Thursday of August, my only regret is not doing it sooner.

It's a great way to burn off a few calories and tone the legs.  Snedeker warned me of another benefit.  My rides aren't nearly as long as his, but Joe said I'll enjoy the solitude, and I really do.  When you're out there, it's just you, the bike and the road.  The situation is elevated a bit in my case because I ride before the sun comes up.  Other than the occasional drunk driver and stray cat, I generally have my small town streets to myself, and it's a nice feeling.

If you've been kicking around getting a bike, do it.  You can probably find some end of season deals.  Buy it from a store where the employees know what they're talking about.  You might pay a bit more in the beginning, but it's worth it in the long run.

See you on the streets.