Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Election Day



It's finally here.  Welcome to Election Day 14.

ABC News really does have it right.  It's "your voice, your vote."  Make it count today.

My election day routine rarely changes.  I worked on some preview pieces over the weekend.  They're edited and ready to go.  Doing the research was most of the fun.  We live in a fascinating state.  Pennsylvania is full of electoral history and some interesting trends.

Barring breaking news, I'll be at a polling place for Newswatch 16 This Morning.  Afterward, I'll likely follow a candidate or two and check out some trends.

It's a visit to my own polling place right after work, followed by lunch and a nap.  I'll be up to watch some prime time coverage tonight.

I'll try to get in a few blog updates during the day, and a wrap up tomorrow.  I have a few predictions, but they'll stay in my head until tomorrow.  I'll let you know if I was right.

Vote!

>>>8:40 PM UPDATE:  ABC News projects Wolf win.  Watching ABC's streaming newscast.  Exit polling shows a lot of unhappy people in USA.

>>>1:30 PM UPDATE:  The noon report was clean, and my work day is complete.  I voted on the way home.  #122 in my district, which I thought was on the high side.  I was surprised.  There is no state representative opposition.  Apparently, this governor's thing has ignited some interest.  It's time to take a break so I can stay up late and watch the election numbers roll in.

>>>10:25 AM UPDATE:  Visited three polling places, talked to a lot of people.  Mediocre turnout.  Putting together something for our noon broadcast right now.

>>>6:25 AM UPDATE:  Still rather quiet, about a half hour before polls open.  A couple workers just arrived on Green Ridge Street.

>>>4:25 AM UPDATE:  Leckey Live! is in Pittston Township this morning, working on a Junior Achievement piece, so we decided to head in a different direction for the election preview.  We're live at a polling place on Green Ridge Street in Scranton to look at the PA governor's race.  Some say the race lacks suspense.  Be that as it may, I find it fascinating.

>>>2:45 AM UPDATE:  Tradition.  Spicy chicken sandwich on the way to work on election day.  Mission accomplished.  At the office now, going over scripts and backgrounds.  I love breathing in the air of anticipation on an election morning.