Friday, February 27, 2015

My Turn

It was only a matter of time.  I have the cold that's going around.

You take all the precautions-- staying away from sick people, cleaning computer keyboards and office telephones, taking vitamins...  And, it still happens.

Germs are in the air, and there's no way to avoid them, unless you stop breathing.

Symptoms started appearing late Sunday.  By Tuesday night, I was in the full blown cold mode.

Over-the-counter cold remedies are a multi billion dollar business in this country, and you know what?  Nothing works.  I've had the best luck with allergy relief pills, and the cheap store brand is as good as the very expensive name brand.

There's nothing you can do, except wait it out.  I think the worst has passed.  Getting rid of the last 20 per cent is always an annoyance.  Colds seem to linger and linger.

Famous last words:  at least it's not the flu.