Friday, February 6, 2015

TechnologyWatch

Once upon a time, frozen pizza was your pizza of last resort.  It was the awful stuff you kept in your freezer in case of a hunger emergency.

In the past, I've used this space to rail against pizzerias using inferior cheese,  It's getting tougher and tougher to find a quality pie.  And the bad cheese danger isn't enough.  I'm tired of encountering those square, mass produced cardboard squares masquerading as crust.

I've been slowly experimenting with frozen pizzas lately, and I've encountered some really good ones.  The industry has really done a 180, and some frozen pizzas I've tried come very close to what you get at a quality corner pizzeria.

It's what makes America great.

Speaking of food technology...

They've been around for a while, but soda vending machines that take credit cards are popping up everywhere.  Friday morning, I found myself with a craving while shopping.  I didn't have any small bills and change, so I paid for my pop with a credit card.

If we can conquer the frozen pizza thing, and credit cards at vending machines, the sky is the limit.