Monday, February 23, 2015

Unfinished Monday

I watched  "The Odd Couple" remake the other night.  Meh.  I didn't love it, but it wasn't hideous, either.  I'll likely give it another shot or two.  For those of us who grew up on Matthau and Lemmon, and then Klugman and Randall, it's tough to accept other actors in the roles.  But then again, the intended audience likely saw the movie and the first series.  Few people remember ABC's "The New Odd Couple" with Ron Glass and Demond Wilson.  Canceled after 18 episodes in 1982 and 1983.

Wilkes-Barre Mayor Tom Leighton won't seek a fourth term this year.  I wonder if he was hearing footsteps.  While violence seems to be down a bit, I sense a lot of voters were ready to hold Leighton responsible for a bloody 2013.

Lackawanna County is taking applications for a new county commissioner.  The usual suspects.  I'm sure they all have something to offer, but a little freshness wouldn't hurt, either.

Pothole season appears to have arrived early.  I'm taking careful notice.  A lot of the problem areas are places that were poorly patched last year.

An idea to turn the foundering Mall at Steamtown into a Scranton version of Reading Market is apparently popular on Facebook.  It's easy to hit the "like" button.  Show me the money.  It's not so easy now, is it?

Last week, I complained about the mediocre, at best, Late Late Show fill ins.  Will Arnett had the chair Friday night and did a really good job.  Having Jimmy Kimmel as a guest eased the burden.