Wednesday, June 17, 2015

17 @ 16

Where has the time gone?  Today is my 17th anniversary at WNEP.

As I was telling a much younger co-worker the other day, I still enjoy getting up in the morning (or late at night) and turning on the computer to learn something I didn't know the day before.  I still enjoy getting my hands on a story and thinking about the best way to pass along the information to you.  I still enjoy being the first to know things.  There's a lot of sadness in this job, but it is never boring.

The station and the business have changed a lot in the last 17 years.  Technology moves at an amazingly fast pace.  I'm lucky that there are people here to guide me along.  It's also nice to work at a place with so many seasoned broadcasters and journalists.  You're only as strong as the weakest link in the chain.

There are times I miss my radio days, and the people I separated from at other TV stations.  I'm still in touch with many, and I'm thankful for that.

It's been a good ride, and I have faith it will continue to be a very long and varied adventure.