Wednesday, July 29, 2015

24/7

My heart nearly stopped when I read the news.  Walmart is closing some of its stores between midnight and 6 AM.  The company says it needs the time to make sure the stores are ready, and present a great experience for shoppers.

Regular blog readers know I live in an alternate universe-- sleep all day, work all night.  I keep the same schedule on my days off.  I've found that one schedule is easier to handle than trying to live normally for a couple of days, then going back on the all-nighter.  Needless to say, 24 hour stores help me get by.

So far, two stores in my territory will be closed all night-- Wilkes-Barre and Mount Pocono.  I suspect they're problem properties for the company.

I quizzed my spies at a couple of other stores in my orbit.  They're not on the closing list, but they could be if the Mount Pocono and Wilkes-Barre experiments are a success.  The added that the stores see a fair amount of business overnights, and closing for six hours would cost the company a lot of money.

Look, I can live without a 24 hour Walmart.  There are a couple of other 24 hour options near by, but they cost more and they don't have everything Walmart has.

#ModernProblems.