Friday, November 13, 2015

Are You Kidding Me?

I can't believe the Starbucks holiday cup story has such legs.

To get you up to speed, this year's Starbucks cup is plain red, with the green and white Starbucks logo.

Some complain, it's not "Christmassy" enough and doesn't contain the word "Christmas" on it.

Enough already.  At the risk of sounding sappy, Christmas is in the head and the heart, especially the heart.  What it says, or doesn't say on a coffee cup is irrelevant.

I've never been in a Starbucks.  I'm not a coffee drinker.  If I ever crave a $6 cup of tea and a $12 danish, I might stop by.  I'm sure it's a fine company.  Can we please move on to other things?

Well, one more thing...  and I'm sorry I have to go through this every year.

There is no "war on Christmas."  Many of us, especially those in the media are fond of "Happy Holidays" and "Seasons Greetings."  You know why?   Because it's INclusive, not EXclusive.  It involves all holidays, religions and celebrations.  It lasts from Thanksgiving through the start of the New Year.  Merry Christmas is included, and I say that, too.  There is no intent to offend.  None whatsoever.

Considering all the major and important problems out there, why do we waste time with this?