Monday, December 14, 2015

Monday Scrapple

In spite of all its problems, I'm curious about Chipotle food.  There has been a store a few miles from me, and I still haven't found the time or inspiration to stop by.

I respect the popularity of the series, but I cannot envision any scenario that gets me to a theater for the new Star Wars movie.

Dickson City has added some red and green holly to its white snowflake Christmas street lights.  It makes a world of difference-- much more visually interesting, much warmer.

I like fruit cake.

Is the pumpkin spice craze over yet?  One of my favorite mini marts had a huge display of Trident Pumpkin Spice Gum.  I think it sold about four packages.

While the warm December has taken a bite out of the Christmas atmosphere, I really don't mind.

It seems like everyone around me has a cold.  I'm just waiting for it to be passed to me.

National Weather Service radio is one of the great joys of life.

I'm not a big Christmas guy, but I will really miss David Letterman's annual Christmas show and Darlene Love singing "Baby, Please Come Home."

How did we ever get along without the program guide at the bottom of the TV screen?  Yes, I know there was TV Guide magazine and the newspaper.  The on screen guide could be one of the best inventions ever.

I haven't been watching much college football this season, but I'm happy ESPN is having the great Brent Musberger call the Las Vegas Bowl and the Rose Bowl.  He is one of broadcasting's all time greats.