Friday, March 25, 2016

Good Friday Scrapple

I remember the days when you had to be really quiet and reverent on Good Friday, between noon and 3, because that's when Jesus hung on the cross.

Easter has always been one of my favorite holidays.  Springtime, flowers, new clothes, a sense of renewal, eggs, and  CHOCOLATE!

It pains me to see Craig Kilborn do Kraft Macaroni and Cheese commercials.  Kilborn was on ESPN.  He was the first Daily Show host.  He had the CBS Late Late show after Tom Snyder and before Craig Ferguson.  Talented guy.  He can do better.  Kilborn disappeared after leaving CBS, and I could never figure out why.

The NCAA basketball tournament is kind of boring this year.  There are no real Cinderella teams in the Sweet 16.  I've never filled out a bracket in my life, and I have no desire to hear discussions of them.

I've enjoyed Turkey Hill's lemon meringue pie ice cream in the past, but I see no current mention of it on Turkey Hill's web site.

I dumped SnapChat and Instagram a couple of weeks ago, and I really don't miss them.

Mixed feelings on the whole Cuba thing.  We are friendlier with worse countries.  However, Cuba has a long way to go before it totally cleans up its act.

Joe Garagiola's death is worth more than a couple of lines in a Scrapple entry.  Thoughts on his passing are slated for next week.

How did that budget thing work out, Governor Wolf?