Monday, June 20, 2016

No Thanks

An OJ Simpson mini series recently aired on one of the broadcast channels.

Another one just finished a multi part OJ Simpson documentary.

I didn't watch, and I don't intend to watch.  Not now.  Never.  Never ever.

I understand both the mini series and documentaries are really good.  It doesn't matter.

The OJ Simpson saga sickened me back then.  Time hasn't dimmed my nausea.

In addition to the absolutely horrendous crime, there was the trial.  That trial was marked by an inept and bungling prosecution, along with an incompetent judge.  the skilled defense team knew how to take advantage of both.

Simpson was found not guilty at the criminal trial, but liable for the deaths of Nicole Simpson and
Ron Goldman.  OJ is now doing jail time for an unrelated robbery.

Any time the courts misfire, I try to think of two things.

First, it's a court of law, not a court of justice.

Second, a trial is not a search for the truth.  It's a judgement of evidence.

Most of the time, things like that help me process controversial verdicts.

Not this time.