Wednesday, August 10, 2016

The Clock Is Ticking

It's one of the odd little things I do a couple of times a week.

Interstate 81 offers a quick and easy route between home and office.  It takes just a few minutes.

But, there are many times I skip the interstate and drive to work the long way-- though the towns as I call it.  Borough and city streets.  It takes a little while longer, but I truly enjoy the "me" time.  Other than the radio, it's quiet.  No traffic.  I often notice the things that I'm too busy to see during the day.

Okay.  Big foundation.  I'm getting to the point.

Since the Pokémon Go craze started, Courthouse Square in downtown Scranton has been rather busy, even in the wee hours of the morning.  It's filled with people gazing down at their cell phones, their faces illuminated by the glow.

While Pokémon Go isn't for me, I really didn't mind seeing the square filled.  It's good, clean fun.  Legal.  The kids weren't getting in to any trouble.

Something struck me during the ride to work yesterday morning.  Courthouse Square was empty.  It wasn't the weather.  It was great.  Is the Pokémon Go craze beginning to fizzle?