-

-

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Tears of a Clown

It makes me sad.

I'm sure you've heard of alleged creepy clown sightings in our area and all across America.

Most of it is social media fueled rumor mongering.  As MASH's legendary COL Sherman T. Potter said, "It's right off the stable floor."

Because of the creepy clown hysteria, McDonald's announced it's cutting back on Ronald McDonald appearances.  Ronald will reemerge once all of this passes.

Are you kidding me?

Perhaps the best known clown in American history has to fly under the radar because of a ton of unsubstantiated rumors.

Heck, even Marywood, my alma mater, nearly went on lockdown a few weeks ago because of a creepy clown sighting on campus.  It turned out to be a hoax.

Social media has the wonderful ability to educate us, inform us, and connect us.  It's also the easy path to absolute silliness and needless anxiety.

NewsFlash:  unless you overdose on Big Macs, Quarter Pounders, McNuggets, and fries, Ronald McDonald isn't going to hurt you.

Give me back my clown.