Monday, November 28, 2016

Monday Scrapple

Last winter spoiled me.  It hurt to put my bike away for the season, and the Saturday night snow last week was depressing.

I know their relationship was occasionally strained, but it's a joy to watch Johnny Carson and Ed McMahon work together.

Holiday food items are rarely on my list, but it's fun to wander around the supermarket at this time of year.

You get into the most bizarre conversations at work.  last week's major topic was Snoopy's siblings.  I knew he had a few.  I didn't realize he was part of a big litter.

The recent of rash of teachers of having sex with students is disturbing, to say the least.  Can someone come up with a solid way to prevent it?  Tougher penalties?

Efforts to toughen Pennsylvania's animal abuse laws have stalled in the state legislature.  In Harrisburg, if it doesn't deal with beer, it doesn't happen.

Bad Santa 2 is getting some bad reviews, and I'm troubled.  I really looked forward to that one.

Why do smoke alarms always begin their "low battery" chirp in the middle of the night?

It was strange to see the Scranton and Wilkes-Barre Santa parades take place in shirt sleeve weather.

Favorite Thanksgiving dish:  stuffing.

I always laugh when i read of hear that Black Friday is the biggest shopping day of the year.  Far from it.  It's just lazy reporting by people who didn't do their research.

The NY Post reports ABC News is exploring adding a 24 hour digital news channel.  Good move.  I was disappointed it gave up on ABC News Now several years ago.  The CBS news channel, CBSN, is actually very good.  CBS apparently invested heavily in it.

The Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs will wear home uniforms with reflective patches and logos this season, their 10th anniversary.  I've seen still photos, and I'm greatly looking forward to seeing the uniforms in action this season.

I understand the economic reasons Maryland and Rutgers are in the Big 10 conference, but competitively, they don't have much business being there.  I always thought it would be more fun if Penn State was in the ACC.

Kudos to the NBC Sports Radio Network.  It had live shows Thanksgiving and the day after, while the others gave you "best of" broadcasts.  In sports talk and news talk radio, there are few things worse than "best of."  There's a lot of talent out there.  Give them a shot at the holidays.

This could be a "double scrapple" week.

I topped 1,000 Facebook likes November 20.  It mostly to the promotion by Joe Snedeker and Mindi Ramsey.  Thank you, all.