Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Wednesday Scrapple

There was a reunion of the people who used to work at one of my old television stations last weekend-- a great bunch, and I was lucky to work with them.  Thanks for the invite, but I'm not much of a social butterfly these days and I didn't attend.  There were many familiar faces on David DeCosmo's blog.  I hope my teachers, and my friends are all doing well.

As noted here before, a guilty pleasure is watching old game shows and old newscasts on You Tube.  Scrabble was a darn fine show, and I wish someone would bring it back.

Joanie from Happy Days, Erin Moran, died last week.  56.   That's way too young, and I'm sorry.  I know I'm about to offend a lot of people, but I never thought Happy Days was very good and was one of the most over-rated TV shows in history.

Even though I was off last weekend, I was up all night anyway.

Earth Day has become so political, and it was a trend that started lone before Donald Trump became president.  Unfortunately, it reminds me of the Great American Smoke Out in the fall.  It's forgotten about the day after.

What's on the internet now that April the Giraffe has given birth?

NYTimes.com is one of my favorite web sites.  It's clean and easy to use.  It has the character of the newspaper, but a distinct web identity.  Some newspaper web sites are a total mess.

President Trump is coming back to Pennsylvania this weekend.  Harrisburg.  Luzerne County is one of the places credited with putting the Trump campaign over the top.  There have been two recent visits to south central Pennsylvania.  None here.  Why?

I haven't touched vinyl in years, but I'm still very happy there is a National Record Store Day.

The apparent and admitted misbehavior of the lieutenant governor is just sad.  If that happened in the private sector...

CVS is eliminating most candy in its stores.  It doesn't bother me.  For some reason, a drug store was never my "sweet" destination.