Thursday, May 4, 2017

Boss Floss

I have a great dentist.  He is a talented individual with a solid staff.  There are no long delays in the waiting area, which is why I unfortunately had to part company with my last dentist.

Every visit ends the same way-- with a bag containing a toothbrush, a small tube of toothpaste, and a tiny, tiny container of dental floss.

The floss is outstanding stuff.  It's very thin, but strong and doesn't shred.  I love it.  I'm a bargain shopper, and had several containers of another brand in the bathroom.  There was no need to buy more-- until recently.

I went looking for this fantastic floss.  No luck.  None in the big box stores.  None in the drug stores.  I e-mailed the company, which makes a long list of other dental products.  The company quickly got back to me.  Due to a lack of consumer demand, they no long manufacture it.  The e-mail went on to say if there is enough demand, it might come back.

Are you kidding me?!

I thought the purpose of a free sample was to entice you to buy the product.  Lord knows, I've bought enough stuff based on samples-- dryer sheets, soap, razors, toothpaste, shampoo...  Why give a free sample of something you can't buy in a regular, enlarged package?

It's not the fault of my dentist.  I checked the expiration date on the floss sample.  It's new stock.  The expiration date is a couple of years down the road.  Who knew floss expired?    I can't understand why the company is making sample sizes, but not the larger ones.

I guess I'll ask the dentist on my next visit in six months.  In the meantime, I'll floss daily, but I won't enjoy it.