Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Wednesday Scrapple

Outside of the one eyed horse, I didn't detect a lot of interest in the Kentucky Derby.  On the other hand, it's become a party day in hundreds of other venues across the country.  Sorry.  I have no interest in wearing a funny hat.

The recent rainy spell has been frustrating, but no worries.  It will be brutally hot soon enough.

A lot of people see next week's election as a yawn.  Not me.  I find something fascinating in every election.

I never get tired of seeing the brilliant white home uniforms of the Baltimore Orioles and the Los Angeles Dodgers.  For some reason, their uniforms seem whiter than the others.  I love it.  Plus, it's always a kick seeing those robin's egg blue uniforms several teams used in the 70's.

One of my favorite moments of the week is when I finish shaving on a Tuesday morning, and I know I won;t have to touch a razor until Friday night.

I'm fascinated by the new touch screen version of the Amazon Echo.

Watching a cat look out a window never gets old.

After some searching, I got my hands on some disposable fountain pens.  I read where Peter Jennings loved them.  Now, I understand.

As soon as it dried out Monday afternoon, everyone in my neighborhood had the same thought:  mow the lawn!

Speaking of outdoors, I'm old school.  We cut the grass.  We don't mow the lawn.  And, can they make a quieter weed whacker?

Can't believe Memorial Day is almost hear.  It seems like Christmas was yesterday.

President Trump fired FBI Director James Comey yesterday.  It's clear Comey made mistakes, and he lost the confidence of Democrats and Republicans alike.  The timing?  The exact reason?  Those will be debated for a long time.

Sports Emmys:  Brent Musberger Lifetime Achievement.  Yay.  Studio host Bob Costas.  Meh.  Pardon the Interruption.  Yay.