Monday, July 24, 2017

Go Joe 20

Go Joe 20 kicks off today.  Joe Snedeker is pedaling around our coverage area and raising money for St. Joseph's Center in Scranton.  It's a place that helps children and adults with developmental disabilities.

The whole thing ends Saturday night, when Joe pedals in to the annual St. Joseph's Festival at my alma mater, Marywood University, in Scranton.

Joe asked several of his co workers to pedal along this year.  I was flattered to be on the list, but I declined.  I felt my leisurely biking style would hold Joe back and that's the last thing I want to do.  Joe offered to slow it down a bit, but he's a man on a mission and I couldn't ask him to do that.

There is plenty of information on how to give on our web site, WNEP.com.  Donate what you can.  Every dollar helps, and it is those small individual donations that really are the heart of this whole thing.

Look for reports this week on Newswatch 16, and I'm sure Joe will be active on Facebook during his breaks.  Look for Joe in your neighborhood, too.

If you're in the Scranton area, stop by the festival this week.  A great time is guaranteed.