Monday, July 17, 2017

Half

I play this silly little game late in the year that helps get me through the long, hard, dark Pennsylvania winters.  The three coldest months of the year are December, January and February.  It means each week is eight per cent of the coldest season of the year.  Temperatures bottom out during the last week in January.  Then, it's the slow climb to something moderate.

I've found winter goes a little faster when you can tick off the time in manageable little bites.

Today, the summer version.  I don't enjoy the heat as much as I once did, and I can't wait for September.

The way I see it, summer is more than half over.  The hottest time of the year, according to records and averages, is July 13 to August 4.  The average highs and lows start slipping after that, but we have had some brutal Augusts.

If you like summer, relax.  There is plenty left.

If you don't, more comfortable temperatures are only a few weeks out.