Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Follow Up Wednesday

CBS fired Charlie Rose yesterday, and I can't see how it had any other choice.  The allegations, which Rose copped to (for the most part) were exceptionally damaging.  There was no way CBS could put Rose back on the air.

It's a bad situation.  CBS has a decent morning show for the first time in years.  Ratings have been making progress, even though CBS is still in third in the morning, and the network failed to groom a successor.

Pity.  Rose's wounds were self inflicted.

Today is the biggest travel day of the year, and I am thankful I won't be traveling beyond the gym and the mini mart again this year.  Traffic is nuts on a normal day, and multiply that by five, at least, today.

I will renew my theory that most of life's problems can be solved by getting up ten minutes earlier.  I see so many maniacal drivers every day.  They're all in a hurry.  They wouldn't have to rush as much if they had a little more time in the morning.

Tooting our own horn for a second...  So many of us got into the news business because we want to help people.  WNEP and several of my coworkers have been doing stories on places people in need can find help during the holidays.  Still others at WNEP offer the knowledge via phone or email.  We try our best, and if you are in need of assistance, I sincerely hope you can find what you need to get by.