Friday, November 3, 2017

It's About Time

It seems like an ill fated effort to get the toothpaste back in the tube, and I like it anyway.

Target says it's listening to its customers and is cutting back on the "Christmas Creep."  In other words, the chain is slowing Christmas promotions and not getting in to the season too fast.

Bravo!

By the time Christmas rolls around, holiday fatigue has set in, and many of us can't wait until January 2.  I've noticed that decorations go up faster, and they come down faster.

My gift list is blessedly short, and I can do most of the heavy lifting on-line.  Still, it makes me happy to see stores closed on Thanksgiving and retailers trying to put the brakes on the Christmas season starting on Columbus Day.

Speaking of time, Sunday marks the return to standard time.  Every year, it seems more people complain about the twice yearly time changes, and nothing ever happens.  If you poll Americans, I get the feeling that most would say to get rid of the changes.

Personally, I have to work an extra hour.  It's no big deal.  It's only an hour and it usually passes quickly.  On top of that, we get more daylight in the morning-- which I like.  The early sunsets can be depressing, but I'm usually asleep by then anyway.

See you Sunday morning.  We'll be on time.