Saturday, December 9, 2017

Andy's Angles: University Tree Weekend

First up, my alma mater, Marywood University.  It was a college back in my day.

The indoor tree tradition started in 1982, which was my senior year.  I wasn't there for the first one.  I started going several years ago, for a nice injection of Christmas spirit.  I've missed only two since I made it part of my holiday routine.

It's a great tree in a spectacular building.  As I've noted here before, Christmas at Marywood really doesn't get rolling until after Thanksgiving, as it should be.  There is one drawback.  Students get to enjoy the tree for a little more than a week.  Finals are coming up, and then, the place clears out for the Christmas break.

There's more-- a nativity scene under the arch that faces Adams Avenue.  It looks like they've increased the wattage in the halo bulbs, and they overwhelmed my camera phone.  It's worth a look if you're in the area.
Before 1982, Marywood decorated one of the outdoor trees in the center of campus.  I spied this one, just to the left of the arch.  It's decorated in school colors of green and white.
Merry Christmas!