Monday, January 29, 2018

Hype Week

I actually enjoy the hype of the week leading up to the Super Bowl, especially on radio.

There are limits, and I usually get my fill by Thursday.

I expect things to be a little different this year, because I dislike both teams.  I'll still be listening.  We'll see what happens.

However, I won't be watching.  Kick off is 6:40 PM Sunday, and I'll be asleep.  Seriously, I haven't seen a Super Bowl since 1999.  Don't cry for me.  I'll catch a replay.

NBC has this year's game.  While I like Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth, the rest of the staff does nothing for me.  There is no reason to turn a dial, or in my case, turn on the TV.

And, as always, discussions of Super Bowl commercials bore me to tears.  If you see me coming, please change the subject.  Super Bowl party recipes are in the same category.

If the game is your thing, I hope it's a good one and enjoy it.