Saturday, February 3, 2018

About the Cover

I've been meaning to get to this one for a while, and a little math inspired my trip to Pittston.

This year is the 55th anniversary of the JFK assassination.  Plus, it's the 50th anniversary of the RFK and MLK murders.

A JFK statue greets visitors to Pittston as they exit the Water Street bridge and turn on to Kennedy Boulevard.

I took my first up close look at the statue last week, and it really is well done.  My only beef is with the location.  I know they wanted the statue along Kennedy Boulevard, and they wanted to note Kennedy's downtown visit here during the 1960 campaign.  But, the corner of a parking lot isn't the most scenic location.  Perhaps they will eventually eat up another few parking spaces for more green space and a mini park.