Tuesday, February 6, 2018

I Did It Again

I vividly remember the first time it happened.  It was a New Year's morning.  I drove through a fast food restaurant for a couple of breakfast sandwiches.  The employee politely gave me my change.  I was hungry, so I pulled over in to a parking space, put the money on the seat beside me and attacked the sandwiches.

Something was wrong.  My money stunk!  It apparently came from a bar or a heavy smoker.  The stench was awful.  When I got home, I threw the bills in the sink, along with a squirt of soap and freshened them up.

Fast forward to last week.  I bought a tiny personal breakfast pizza and a newspaper at a mini mart.  Once again, my change stunk.  The bills went for a wash when I got home.

There really is no moral to the story, other than pointing out that I'm a finicky nudge who is extremely sensitive to the horrible stench of cigarette smoke.  We've tried, unsuccessfully, to make counterfeit-proof bills.   Odor-free currency should be the next step.