Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Morning Munch

Today's blog entry was prompted by a Newswatch 16 Tuesday morning story.  Lucky Charms cereal is dumping the hourglass marshmallow shape in favor of a unicorn.  There is also a chocolate Lucky Charms variety.   I can't remember the last time I had Lucky Charms, so I knew nothing about the chocolate and the marshmallows.

I usually have a few boxes of cereal around the house.  Most of the time, I grab a few handfulls because I'm always in a hurry.  Sitting down, pouring a bowl and adding milk is exceptionally rare.

Parents must have it tough.  Most of the offerings in the supermarket cereal aisle are sugar laden junk.  They're not cheap, either.  I guess something in the morning is better than nothing.  Time is a valued commodity in the morning.  Evidence is kids running to make the school bus and commuters speeding to work like maniacs.

Even the "adult" cereals are full of sugar.  Cheerios is my "go to" brand.  Cracklin' Oat Bran is another favorite, but it's also on the sweet side.  On those rare occasions when I do the bowl and milk thing, it's Weetabix.  Tough to find.  Tastes like Styrofoam, but it's really good for your insides.  It's essentially bran flakes pressed into a brick.  Eat it fast because it mushes up really quickly.

This entry might make it look like I'm a cereal fanatic.  Not true.  More often than not, it's cold pizza.