Thursday, March 8, 2018

Bust

Yesterday's forecast, as far as my little corner of the valley is concerned, was a bust.  What was supposed to be 16 inches turned out to be little more than a coating.

I'm not complaining, even though I did rearrange some aspects of my life to suit the forecast.

Yes, I did follow the masses to the supermarket.  My run took place at 3:30 AM Wednesday.  There were only two other shoppers in the store.  One checkout was open.  I breezed through.  Diet soda, eggs, frozen pizza, fruit, Chex Mix, and one of the last bags of ice melt left on the planet.

We have whiz bang satellites and computers, but Mother Nature has a mind of her own.  It turns out, the storm was kicked out to see a little faster than expected.  Parts of Pennsylvania were nailed.  My part wasn't.  Again, no complaints.

The state appeared to be ready this time.  Brine went down Tuesday afternoon.  Exit ramps were salted Wednesday morning.  The governor declared a state of emergency.  Trucks were ordered off the roads.  I hope we see more of this in the future.

While it will be tempting to needle the folks in the weather department, I will resist.  Once in a while, you get a bust.