Monday, April 9, 2018

Follow Up Monday

For the first time in months,  I'm late with a blog entry.  Sorry.  There was an unexpected early start at work.

The Major League Baseball season began in late March.  The minor leagues followed a few days later.  I've been noticing a lot of empty seats.  It's time to face facts.  The season is too long, it starts too early, and there are too many teams.  League contraction and shorter seasons will never happen.  There is too much money to be made.

The NFL has been toying with shortening the pre season and expanding the regular season to 18 games.  No, please.

Even though I haven't been to a theater in years, I do look at what's doing well at the box office.  It seems we like monsters, space and raunch.  No judgement zone.

I try to avoid letting the weather affect me, but I'm really tired of the cold.  I'm not looking forward to broiling either.  That's why I like the moderate fall.

All fires frighten me.  The Saturday evening New York high rise fire was particularly disturbing.

KMart in the Pittston Plaza closed for good yesterday.  Watching the chain spiral into the history books is just plain sad.  Stores were old and tired.  There was no investment in the product.  It's no wonder shoppers stayed away.