Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Tuesday Scrapple

The Jerry Springer Show has been cancelled.  I never watched it, but I didn't have a problem with it, either.  It is what it is.

Sorry, but I'm really not in the mood for 90 degree temperatures.

While I was never a Tiger Woods fan, I had a huge amount of respect for his talent.  I know I've said it before, but it's difficult to watch him struggle on the golf course.  Woods didn't make the cut at the US Open over the weekend.

Phil Mickelson should have been thrown out of the US Open.

McDonald's is testing alternatives to plastic straws.  I've seen the numbers, but I still can't believe plastic straws are such a huge problem to the environment.  By the way, McDonald's has the best straws around-- nice and wide.

I'm seeing an increasing number of news people, internet people and public relations people tweeting their political views.  Is that really ethical and appropriate?  I know it's your personal view, but you also represent the organization.

Domino's pizza is paying for pothole filling.  Doesn't that embarrass anyone?

I remember the days when movie production companies weren't allowed to own theaters, and NBC wasn't allowed to own two radio networks.  The media and entertainment world has changed quite a bit.

We can put a man on the moon, but we can't invent grass that stops growing.

I feel sorry for baseball announcers who are stuck with losing teams.  I heard an Orioles' guy the other day lamenting how the team keeps finding "new ways to lose."

Antenna TV, on WNEP2 runs 90 minute Johnny Carson shows on weekends.  It's amazing how much of a difference that extra 30 minutes made.  The show was much more relaxed, and Carson's people booked writers who normally never would have been on TV.

I could not possibly care less about soccer and the World Cup, and I'm slightly weary of having it jammed down my throat by people trying to convince me I should be interested.