Friday, July 20, 2018

I Promise This Time, I Think

Apologies in advance.  Here comes another tedious blog entry on bicycle riding.

I've said it before.  I'll set a record, and then say "I proved my point.  I will settle back to a comfortable mileage, but still get a good work out."

Last week, I hit 23 and said "That's it."

I just can't help myself.  I pedaled for three hours and 31 miles yesterday morning.  Part of the key was finding a way to make it from my home to downtown Scranton without tackling any major hills.  Mission accomplished.  After tooling around downtown Scranton, I swung onto Main and up in to the mid valley, and then back home.

I was in pain when I finished but as many say, it was a good kind of pain.

Organized sports were never my thing.  Never ever.  Biking is a great way to get some exercise, and if you go early enough, it provides for some alone time.  Quiet time.  Think time.  I have a better understanding for the athlete's mentality-- always pushing for a little more.  By the way, I am NOT a serious athlete.  No Tour de France.  Maybe Tour de Olyphant.

The 31.28 record will stand for a while, I think.