Wednesday, August 15, 2018

First Person: Another FloodWatch

My fate was decided before I hit the door yesterday morning.  Sarah Buynovsky would handle the flood reports from the west.  Ryan Leckey described the issues to the south.  I had Lackawanna County.

That's photographer Jason you see above-- getting video of the rain swollen Lackawanna River and a broken up Lonesome Road in Old Forge.
We were live during Newswatch 16 This Morning, and then we set out to see what we could see.  Jason and I visited a few different locations.  We went back to the office so I could write, but a story like this essentially writes itself.  Show me the flooding and don't get in the way.  Editor Brittany matched pictures to words, and we were off and running.

We've all been through flooding before.  This area suffered through a succession of hurricanes and tropical storms in recent years.  However, I cannot remember a summer filled with such awful weather.

We are half way to a new month.  Maybe there will be better luck in September.