Thursday, August 9, 2018

I Gave In

Now that they are no longer a fad, fidget spinners have really come down in price.  I've seen them for as cheap as $1, so I bought one to see what the big deal was all about.  As much as I hate to admit it, they are addictive, and my new little toy is a constant companion at my computer desk.


I've been reading tons about how plastic drinking straws are destroying the planet.  Once again, I gave in.  I went on-line and found a nice set of stainless steel drinking straws, complete with little bendy scrub brushes for cleaning the inside.  One straw is kept in my car.  The rest are in the house.  I should have gone with the reusable plastic.  The stainless steel will last forever, but I just don't like the feel.

Am I doing anything to save the planet?  Maybe.  Some dispute the research that purports to show the dangers of disposable plastic straws.

It can't hurt.