Monday, August 13, 2018

Unfinished Business



REVISITING EARLIER TOPICS...

I'm really tired over this NFL protest stuff.  I get what the players are trying to do and I respect that.  I think there's a better way to do it.  The league is coming off as confused and impotent.  the regular season begins in less than a month.  Fix this!

I could take the daytime heat and humidity if it cooled off at night.  It's not happening.  There is no time to rest, cool down and refresh.  It's only a few more weeks.  Fall is rapidly approaching.

I used to cover high school football on a regular basis, so it was nice to check in at a high school football practice and do a story.  Valley View's organization impressed me.

A while back, I complained about a local newspaper's lousy circulation.  It has improved in recent days.  It could be the paper is easier to cart around because it seems smaller every day.

14 teams in the International League, and the SWB Railriders are 10th in attendance.  Still, an average of 5,900 per game is nothing to sneeze at, and the weather has been awful this summer.  On top of that, the team has hovered around the .500 mark all season.

Political ads are starting earlier this year.  Less than 90 days until the midterms.  Understatement of the year:  It should be interesting.

More attempts at humorous obituaries have been popping up in local newspapers.  I'm sorry.  I just find those things in bad taste.

Tiger Woods had a good weekend, but I don't think he'll ever win another major tournament.  While Tiger is improving, there are simply too many great golfers, ones better than Tiger,  out there.