Tuesday, September 25, 2018

The Early Bird Gets the Shot

I am a huge believer in flu shots, and I really don't understand the thought process of people who won't get one.

My doctor recently closed his small and absolutely wonderful practice to throw in his lot with one of the soulless conglomerates, so "Flu Shot 2018" would be my first experience with the new set up, and I considered it a test-- part of my probationary process.

I called earlier than usual for an appointment because I expected a two week wait,  or something like that.  Imagine my shock when I was told I could come in that day.  I chose an appointment for the next morning.

It was odd.  I received the shot before checking in because the person who does that was stuck in line at the donut shop down the street.  It wasn't a good first impression.

I feel better, as always, after the shot.  The jury is still out on the conglomerate.  It seems the best way to deal with it is "don't get sick."

Get a shot.  Just about any drug store will do it for you.  Do it for yourself, your co-workers and your family.  You won't be sorry.